The goal of this initiative is to get the youth of Chicago actively participating in the promotion of the health benefits of wearing a protective facial barrier / mask by using art and their own creativity.
The objective is to have a wide range of Chicago’s youth population represented by creating a winner from each City Ward and picking an overall winner from those regional winners.
Kids can draw, paint, or design on a computer their best interpretation of the theme “My Chicago”.
Interested participants can download PDF templates for creating their designs by going to PrideMasks.com or participating aldermanic ward websites.
Paper copies can be picked up at participating Aldermanic Offices that will be listed at PrideMasks.com
Participants can submit their designs by:
- Scanning their designs and sending them to email@example.com
- Taking a digital photo via cellular phone and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can submit designs via our online contact form by selecting "My CHI My Mask" Kids Design Submission from the dropdown and attaching your file, here.
- Mailing the designs to our PO Box:R&S Marching Arts
c/o Alan Spaeth
PO Box 412099
Chicago, IL 60641
- Dropping the designs off at participating Aldermanic Offices.
Awards and Judging
A winner in the following categories for each Aldermanic Ward
- Ages 3-6 - Pre-School Division
- Ages 7-10 - Youth Division
Each Ward winner will receive their mask produced for them and their Alderman.
Judges will be PrideMasks Founders / City of Chicago’s First Lady / Guest Judges (Matthew Hoffman, Sam Kirk, David Csiscko).
We would create a page to view all the designs for the winner of each ward.
One Grand Prize Winner in each category.
The overall winner would have the mask produced and worn by the Mayor or First Lady.
50 masks would be produced for the winner to distribute to family and classmates.
150 of the masks would be produced and given to the Ward Alderman for distribution in their Ward.
Round 1 Judging: 09/18
Round 1 Announcement and Production: 09/21
Grand Prize Judging: 09/28
Production of Winning Masks: 10/02
Rules and Regulations
- Artwork. All entries must be original. No stock photography or copyrighted images may be used or duplicated.
- Judging. All entries will be reviewed by Ryan & Spaeth, Inc., which is the parent company of PrideMasks.com, personnel and guest judges. Judging is based on a variety of factors, including creativity, style, expression and use of technique. Though not the sole factor for determining winning designs.
- Eligibility. Entrants are permitted to submit one entry per person. All contest entries must have a valid name, address and email address in order to be eligible.
- Prizes. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash.
- Notification. Contest start and end dates will be posted for each contest on that contest’s general information page at PrideMasks.com The contest period may be extended at the sole discretion of Ryan & Spaeth, Inc. Winners of the contest will be notified by email.
- Acknowledgment. All Artwork submissions may be reproduced by Ryan & Spaeth, Inc. in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for non-commercial purposes. By submitting Artwork, entrant: (i) certifies that s/he created the submission and has the right to provide it to Ryan & Spaeth,Inc; and (ii) agrees to indemnify Ryan & Spaeth, Inc. from and against any claims, actions, suits and all related liabilities, damages and expenses incurred by Ryan & Spaeth, Inc. arising out of or relating to any alleged infringement of any copyright, or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Age. Must be ages 3-6 for Pre-School Division and ages 7-10 for Youth Division